Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hewlett-Packard Pavilion 7940 and getting an ACPI error

I'm trying to install a memory module in a Hewlett-Packard Pavilion 7940 and getting an ACPI error?
I'm trying to install a second memory module in my H-P Pavilion 7940 (which is ok according to h-p), but when I do, I get this kind of error message: The ACPI BIOS in this system is not fully compliant with the ACPI specification. Can someone help me a) obtain an updated BIOS (PhoenixBIOS) -OR- b) disable ACPI in my bios I'm running windows 2000 on the system and H-P's support has been absolutely NO help. Any thoughts, directions, help, recommendations, etc?
Add-ons - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Here's any info I have found for your PC on the HP Site: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07110&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=58464&rule=6322

Read more discussions:

No comments:

Post a Comment